Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Spirit Led

In Sunday School this past weekend, our Pastor said something that will stick with me forever. We are participating in the Youth Sunday School class - usually Derek teaches, but the Pastor is taking over for a few weeks.

We were talking about relationships - primarily, our relationships with God; but somehow, the conversation turned to our relationships with others - in particular, our relationships with the opposite sex. That got me remembering what it was like to be a teen, and how focused I was on finding a "boyfriend". I remember spending many many nights with girlfriends talking about marriage, and how very excited we were for that day! Suddenly 10 years has gone by (well, since I was 15 and starting to talk alot about this stuff), and I'm happily married, and have been through one of the hardest things I hope I'll ever have to go through. What a whirlwind!

Anyhow, on top of talking about relationships, we were talking about the Spirit - and what the Spirit means to us. The pastor turns to Derek and I, and says "In my humble opinion, Derek and Darcie's relationship was Spirit led."
Wow. My heart welled.

I mean, I've always believed that God did bring Derek and I together. In fact, when we first "met" (or, were chatting on the net!!), I remember saying on several occasions - The only way this is ever going to happen, is if God makes it happen. We were three thousand kilometers apart!

One of the amazing things about all of this is - God knew what we were going to go through together. He put us together to battle this storm together - and He knew that we would make it through - and become stronger because of it!

Now, please don't get me wrong here - I am certainly not claiming that our relationship is a breeze. I am just recognizing that our relationship is what it is because God allowed it to exist! It's a freeing thought that we are so not in control.

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment