Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Week Later

Phew... it has been one busy week. I've been meaning to write a little update.

So the day I was dreading has past - I'm sure glad. Actually though, June 17 itself wasn't nearly as painful as I expected. My wonderful pastors graciously told me to take the day off, so I was able to just do whatever I felt like doing that day. I was given a few acupuncture treatments as a gift, as well as a massage, so I did both of those things during the day - I was spoiled! It felt really nice to be able to just do a few things for myself & focus on relaxing. Derek and I also visited the cemetary later in the day - though it was rainy & chilly, so we didn't stay long; we just felt like we should definitely pay the twins a visit on that particular day.

Things have been pretty good. As I've said before, it's not like the pain doesn't hit me every so often still, but for the most part, Derek and I are able to see the things we have to be thankful for. The weather is great, we've got a vacation coming up the last 2 weeks of July (camping in BC with the family!), and church life is very very busy!

I think it's going to be a good summer.

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment