Sunday, June 13, 2010

Not Too Bad

I feel like this "thinking positively" thing is starting to work. While there have still been moments where it hits me like a ton of bricks, for the most part, I'm going through every day turning my negative thoughts around into more positive thoughts. I'm talking with God a lot more these days, and asking him to give me patience, and bless me with good things - rather than telling Him how angry I am that I don't get to have my twins.

For the longest time, when people would ask me how I'm doing, my immediate response would be "Not too bad", because I couldn't bring myself to say "Good", but I'm working on changing that too. I'm allowed to feel "good" somedays, and I shouldn't feel guilty about that; I need to remind myself of that a lot.

This week is the week I've been dreading for months. Derek and I went away this past weekend, for some much needed time away; we had a wonderful, relaxing time together at Radium Hot Springs. The week has started off nicely, and I'm feeling OK so far. I keep seeing pregnant women though; that's something I could do without this week. I am certain that Thursday will be a very difficult day - and that is one day I might not think so positively... I'm just preparing myself for a sad, sad day.

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment