Sunday, August 1, 2010

Coincidence?

Well we just got back from 2 weeks vacation in a beautiful part of BC. Summer isn't summer without some beach/swimming time, and I feel like I got my fill!

It felt like I saw twins every time I turned around though, and I can't help but wonder if God is trying to tell us something.. or what.

Here's a strange "coincidence" (It feels too coincidental to actually be a coincidence - tell me what you think).
The first day that we arrived, the kids (Cole, and his cousin Angelina) found a little friend on the campsite that backed onto ours. His name was Gabriel. Weird enough on its own right? The next day we learned that Gabriel is a twin; mind you, he had a twin sister, but still. Now both of those things, I just figured it was a strange coincidence, maybe God is showing us what our little boys would have looked like (he was pretty darn cute!). But get this. A few days later, we were chatting with little Gabriel, and he told us his birthday - June 17. Every time I found out each of these things, my heart sunk just a little. When I heard June 17, it sunk a lot. But it felt like God was really trying to tell us something. Again, too coincidental to be a coincidence, right?

Maybe the reason behind all of this, meeting little Gabriel, and then also seeing at least 2 other sets of twins at the campground during our stay, will someday become obvious. It just feels so strange to see twins all over the place. Maybe I'm just noticing them way more because of all of this, but maybe God is saying something. Who knows what.

D.

2 comments:

  1. WOW Darcie... what a lot of things adding up...I do think that it is a "God thing" tho,and not just a coincedence....time will tell and maybe you will see what God wanted to show you...someday???
    Love ya lots, Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. just read this....amazing! I'll bet that little Gabrielle became a special person to you right away!

    God does move, oh so mysteriously, doesn't He......if only our feeble minds could comprehend. Mom <3

    ReplyDelete