Thursday, August 19, 2010

Word is Out

Now that the word is out, I feel like I can get back onto this blogging band-wagon. I am currently 12 weeks pregnant & feeling great - physically, and surprisingly, emotionally. I feel like I have no other choice than to trust that God is going to carry this pregnancy to full term for me.
We've already had an ultrasound at 10 weeks - to be sure of how many babies are in there. Derek and I both went to that ultrasound half-expecting to see two babies again, so we were both a bit disappointed to see that there is only one. That disappointment wore off pretty quickly though, because another twin pregnancy would have been stressful to say the least. It probably would have meant bedrest (bedrest over Christmas would not have been fun!). So, we both just said "Maybe next time".
I'm already growing pretty fast! It is so true that you grow much more quickly with a second pregnancy than with the first - and I think the fact that these pregnancies have been so close together makes it that much quicker. My body remembers what it feels like to be pregnant - it knows what to do!
I am absolutely thrilled to be carrying a baby. March cannot come soon enough - I just want to hold this baby in my arms! :)

D.

I'll do my best to post more regularly again, I was afraid if I blogged before the word was out, I wouldn't be able to contain myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment