Friday, April 16, 2010

Welcome to the Cruel World

Derek and I were watching a show last night - and not for the first time, there was a teenage girl who was pregnant with an unwanted child. And what was the "smart" thing to do? Abort it of course. I watched this show, with hope that eventually she would realize that a child is a gift and a living being; but of course, it didn't end the way I would choose. I realize it's just a show, but it is not far off from what is happening all around me.

I keep wondering why people like that get blessed with a child? Not to be arrogant, but I think Derek and I would have given our twins a wonderful wonderful life. Then I see these couples who have an "oopsie", and sacrifice nothing for the well-being of their unwanted child. I see single moms walking with their children, cigarette in hand - or worse yet - smoking in the CAR with their children inside. I know I'll never understand it, I have to choose to ignore it. I really just have to believe that this whole experience is going to make me a better Mom. I am going to treasure every single moment when I have children.

I was driving home yesterday and listening to Michael Buble (love him); here's something that hit me - though he's probably not talking about children ... his latest "hit" says, "I promise you Kid, I'll give more than I get, I just haven't met you yet." I can't wait to give my children a good good life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment