Friday, April 16, 2010

Lots of Thoughts

Ok, so I have lots of thoughts today... here are some more.

I recently found a Baby Loss Directory - a directory full of blogs from women who have lost children.. it's interesting to see how so many of their posts line up so exactly with things that I'm feeling/experiencing; also interesting that I would even want to read about it right? But it feels good to know there are people out there who are dealing with these crazy emotions too.

Here are some things that stand out from the blog I'm reading right now:

  • She talks about running into an old Acquaintaince - and how terrifying that can be. Someone who would never have known about the fact that she has given birth to, and lost a child - and how desperately she wants to tell this acquaintance that she, too is a mother. "I feel gypped. Why didn't I get the opportunity to brag about my son? Why was I so chicken about claiming my title as "Mother"? I wish that I could talk openly about my son, my pregnancy, and his birth, in the way that women with living children do. What is stopping me?"
  • She talks about noticing a new mother, and noticing that this particular new mother has lost all of her baby weight. "hey, when you actually have a baby to carry around, and breastfeed, the weight loss is pretty easy". I hate this. I tried on clothes yesterday (I guess that's my own fault), and realized that I am carrying around a "bit" of baby weight myself. That sucks!



No comments:

Post a Comment