Thursday, October 28, 2010

21 Weeks, 6 Days

Wow, so I completely failed at doing 30 posts in 30 days. Life has been busy - to say the least. So here's an update - maybe I'll get to the rest of those 30 posts eventually.

Here I am at 21 Weeks and 6 Days - 22 Weeks tomorrow! Healthwise, all is well. I saw the midwife yesterday, where we went over the ultrasound results, and everything looks great. She says Baby and I are growing beautifully & everything is where it should be, in terms of "cervical length" (too much information? I apologize). In fact, it's well above normal at this point... phew! My midwives have been incredible, and are so willing to do whatever they can to help keep my mind at ease as we get closer to that 23 week mark, which is the point where we lost the twins. Not too long now, and we'll be past that scary week - I think getting past that will be a huge milestone, and I'm hoping it helps ease my mind a lot.

The fears come and go - I have to say, I'm not at stressed as I expected I would be at this point in the pregnancy.. I guess I just have to trust that it's going to work out this time, or at least, convince myself that I can trust in that.

This baby has been moving like crazy! I've noticed so much movement especially in the last week or so. It's so exciting to feel that again, I just love it! I feel like I can just rest in knowing our baby is doing well in there - and just enjoy every moment that I feel kicking & wiggling. I'm doing my very best to just simply enjoy it, and not compare to last time around.

Here's another exciting tidbit about our lives! We have officially bought a house! I haven't been too quick to "advertise", because we've been disappointed a few too many times, when we thought we were buying a house. But we're 4 days away from the possession date, the papers have been signed - I don't think anything can stop us now! The house is 107 years old, and has been renovated & kept up very well - everything major (well, except for the old windows) has been addressed - new furnace, foundation has been inspected & is in good shape, roofing is new. We are SO excited to have found this place, and cannot wait to get in there!

Needless to say, our minds & lives have been occupied - moving is a lot of work! But boy, we feel blessed. There have been so many indications that God is just working this one out. He is amazing.

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment