Tuesday, March 2, 2010

How things have changed...

I'm sure that most of you know by now that we recently lost our twin baby boys, Michael & Gabriel. On Wednesday February 17, I went into preterm labour and delivered our twins at only 23 weeks. They were just too tiny to survive this world yet, so they are in the arms of Jesus.

Derek and I are doing ok .. the tears come and go, (they seem to come more often than go) as can be expected. We miss our boys each and every day, and often think of what our world would be like if we were able to keep them here with us. We know in our minds that there is a reason for all of this - now it's just to get that through to our hearts.

We are so incredibly grateful for the support that we have around us. My entire family was able to come out for the weekend following Michael & Gabriel's death, and we had a very beautiful funeral service for them. We were amazed at how many people came to support us at the funeral - we are so loved by our families and by our church family; for that we sure are grateful.

On another note completely, the house that we recently put an offer in on fell through. We were disappointed of course, but in the grand scheme of things, a house seems miniscule - we are sure realizing what is important in life.

Life has changed completely for the Janzen family - and in a matter of weeks. It feels like an eternity ago that I felt my babies kicking around inside of me.
Derek and I keep saying - some day, we'll look back on this, and see more clearly that God has a real and perfect plan for our lives. I long for that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment